Remove Password From Access VBA: 2023 New Methods6 October 2023
If you are looking for different methods to remove password from access VBA then you are at the right place. Here you will get the hassle-free methods. So keep reading this blog.
“I have an MDB file which has a VBA Project, and this VBA Project is protected with a password.” I’ve forgotten my password. I found a method that converts DPB to DBX, but there is no DPB in the file in the HEX Editor.”
“A few years ago, I created a number of password-protected VBA Access project files.” My office manager has asked me to work on a new project. I’d like to copy some programming code and language from some old macros and modules that I created. However, when I try to open an old Access MDB file, it prompts me for a password. So, could you please explain to me how to remove the VBA password from the Access database?”
This is not the only case where users need to remove password from access VBA there might be different possibilities as well where users can forget and lose the password. To resolve this query users can use Manual or Professional Methods. Before going on the methods let’s have a look at what is MS Access.
MS Access is a database-creating platform for files in the VBA program. MS Access creates .mdb and .accdb files it depends on which access version are you using. It saves important information in tabular form and each table has data that comes from the Visual Basic project. To protect this information users need to use a VBA password protector.
Methods to Remove Password from Access VBA
There are two methods to remove the protected password: the Manual method and the Professional method.
1. Remove Password From MS Access Database Manually
This method is free to use but to use the Manual Method users should have some technical knowledge. Also, this method can assist you in performing the procedure using an MS Access database file, but it can only access a file and not set or modify an existing password.
- Create new MS Access data files in your system.
- Alt + F1 to open Visual Basic Editor.
- Select the Insert > Module option.
- Then enter the programming code given below.
As String, Pwd As String)Dim CN As ADODB.Connection
Set CN = New ADODB.Connection
‘Remove MS Access VBA Password
‘Open database for shared (by default), read/write access, and specify database ‘password.
.Properties(“Jet OLEDB:Database Password”) = Pwd
.Mode = adModeReadWrite
‘Here goes the Code to work with database.
Set CN= Nothing
- Now press F5, after that click the Run and Continue options.
- Select the VBA Access password-protected project file and Click the Open tab.
- Select File then Info > Encrypt to remove password from MS Access database
- Lastly, you will get unprotected access VBA database file.
2. Professional Method to Remove Password from Access VBA
Many users look forward to hassle-free methods to remove the password. So they start searching for an effective method. Here users can use the trusted VBA Password Remover Tool. This tool not only removes the password but also works as a VBA Password Breaker.
This software is primarily used to recover a variety of passwords such as multilingual, complex, alphanumeric, ANSI, and so on. However, with a few clicks, this utility may delete the password from an Access database. Furthermore, this software may be installed on any Windows operating system and successfully delete passwords from all MS Access versions, both basic and advanced.
- Install the Tool in your system.
- Add the MS Access database file according to your choice.
- After adding the file you can select the Reset or Remove option as your preference.
- Select the Remove option from the radio button.
- Now click on the OK button.
- Finally, you will get the MS Access database without a password.
Features of VBA Password Breaker
Here are some of the Remove Password From Access VBA tool’s other features:
- After removing the previous password from the Access database, this function generates a new password.
- Unlock the password for an MS Access database from a single VBA project at a time.
- Microsoft Access MDB files from Office 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 are supported.
- Recover any length password from any form of VBA file.
- Also able to remove multilingual passwords of any length.
The manual to remove password from access VBA can be confusing for some users. It is also time-consuming. Many users want their work to be completed within easy steps and less tricky. So they start searching for third-party tools. Here, the professional method is mentioned above. The professional method is much more reliable and works faster than the manual method. However, it totally depends on the users which method they find suitable for them.