Can You Recover Data from Hard Drive After Formatting?17 October 2023
When you format a disk on your computer, all the data stored on it is deleted. Formatting a hard drive helps in many ways, but it erases the data stored on the hard drive so new files can be written to it. This may happen if you want to lose data from your computer’s formatted hard drive again. In this case, you should know how to recover data from hard drive after formatting.
There are several reasons why you might need to format your hard drive. For example, when changing the disk file system from NTFS to FAT 32 or from FAT 32 to exFAT, etc. Whenever you format the hard disk, avoid saving new data on the formatted hard disk.
Recover Data from Hard Drive After Formatting it with Third-Party Software
To quickly and safely recover data from your hard drive without a backup, you can use Windows data recovery software. There are many data recovery programs online that can help you recover data after formatting the hard drive. FreeViewer Windows Data Recovery Tool is the most powerful application.
This software will easily format your hard drive and recover hidden files from external hard drive without losing any information. It is a reliable tool to recover lost or permanently deleted data from hard drives and other devices.
Step-By-Step Guide to Recovering Data from Formatted Data Using Software
- Download and run Hard Drive Recovery Tool on your Windows system.
- Select the formatted partition and press the “Format Scan” button.
- Once the scan is completed, preview the recovered data files from your hard drive in the software panel.
- Next, the application provide two options either save selected files or have completely recovered data. choose the Folder and Select the Save All Data & Save Deleted Data tab.
Some Tips to Avoid Data Loss
- Keep the following points in mind to avoid situations such as data loss on your system:
- If you find that you have lost data on your computer, stop using it immediately. Also, try to find the reason for the data loss.
- Backups are very useful in cases of data loss.
- Do not download or run suspicious websites or files on your device.
- Make a note of your Windows operating system serial number because you may need it after formatting your device.
Formatting your hard drive is the fastest and most effective way to solve most file system problems. Now we know that data is still retained on the drive even after formatting, so it is better to avoid overwriting data on the hard drive after formatting. If you have a backup copy of your data, you can use it to restore your data.
However, if you don’t have a backup, you can try the best Windows data recovery Tool, The application, to get your files back. Although using utility is a simple, fast and convenient method, you should get into the habit of backing up important files on your system.