Why can’t I open .MSG files with Outlook?13 October 2023
If you find a solution to open an MSG file with Outlook. Then your findings will end here. In this tutorial, we have explained why MSG files cannot be opened with Outlook and also a solution to open MSG files with Outlook by using MSG to PST Converter.
MSG Files is just an email message file extension used by Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Entourage. These files are very useful for storing Microsoft Outlook email message format. These files are very crucial for containing, archiving or sharing important emails with Outlook users.
Why MSG Files Cannot Open In Outlook?
- When previewing MSG files created with a hexadecimal editor.
- If Microsoft Outlook is configured incorrectly,
- When the MSG file is already opened on your computer.
- If the user does not allow the MSG file to be opened.
How to Open MSG Files With Outlook Via Manual Approach?
If you already have Outlook installed on your system and want to open some MSG files with Outlook, Now perform the step-by-step instructions we have discussed below:
- Right-click the MSG file and tap Open With.
- Then tap Outlook and you can choose to open the MSG file with Outlook as the default.
Why Should Users Avoid Manual Approaches?
- You cannot manage MSG files in Outlook.
- The user must have advanced technical skills to perform this operation.
- The attachment may be lost during the process.
How to Open MSG files with Outlook Via Alternative Technique?
As you can see, the manual approach is not a good decision. Therefore, we recommend you to choose MailsWare MSG Converter. It is one of the perfect solutions and allows you to convert single or multiple MSG files without losing information.
- Download and launch the application on your computer.
- Browse the MSG file and upload it to the software interface.
- In the list of export options, click the PST option.
- Finally, set the destination for the resulting file and then click “Export” to get a quick output.
Other Prominent Features of Using Alternative Solution
- The mailbox structure was retained as in the original. Also, PST File Converter offers strong data protection to prevent changes to the original data.
- This application is very simple to perform for all types of users without any technical knowledge.
- You can also convert MSG to PDF, PST, MBOX, HTML, TXT, and many more with this solution.
- It also provides a filter option to convert selective data by date range, subject, sender and recipient.
- There is no need to download an additional wizard to complete the process.
Time to Wrap Up
In this tutorial, we have shared the solution to open MSG files with Outlook. We have also shared a basic overview and the reasons behind this question. We have also explained basic manual and automated solutions to complete the process hassle-free. Since a manual approach is not a good decision. Therefore, we recommend you to choose an alternative technique to complete the process without any hassle.