A Beginner Guide For Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 18616 October 2023
Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 is a type of visa which is used for skilled workers. This visa is considered a permanent resident visa. Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 is available for both who are working and living in Australia as a temporary occupant. This visa is also available for individuals who are living outside Australia. For Employer nomination Scheme subclass 186, you must be appointed by Australian Employer. 186 visa provides Australian permanent residency to visa holder without any conditions. This visa holder can work and stay where they want in Australia. The Australian government has provided a list of eligible occupations.
The eligible occupations include positions like nurses, engineers, construction managers, architects, programmers, physicians, teachers, foresters, social workers, welders, dentists, electricians, carpenters and more. Your job me be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
Visa Subclass 186 Requirements:
- You need to fulfil the character requirement.
- You need to provide evidence of health insurance.
- Must be nominated by an Australian employer.
- Must have the required skills and knowledge for the job.
Benefits of having Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186):
As we know that Subclass 186 Visa is a permanent residency visa so there are many advantages of this visa and they are the following:
- You can study, work and live anywhere in Australia without any restriction.
- You can enrol in the medicare system and you can take the advantages of Australian medicare.
- You can request for citizenship of Australia ( if you are suitable for this).
- you can sponsor your eligible family members or relatives.
- You can visit and from Australia for 5 years
- Provide opportunities to study in Australia.
There are three streams in the subclass 186 visa. The first one is the temporary residence transition stream and the second is the Direct Entry stream. The last one is Labour Agreement Stream. You need to be a holder of subclass 482 and subclass 457 to apply Temporary residence transition. You may be out of the inside of Australia to apply in a direct entry stream. For labour Agreement Stream, you must have a labour agreement.
Processing time for Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186):
The 186 visa processing time varies according to the stream you have applied for. The processing time for the three streams of visa subclass 186 are:
|Visa Type||75% of applications processed in||90% of applications processed in|
|Temporary Residence Transition||6 months||12 months|
|Direct Entry Stream||5 months||15 months|
|Labour Agreement Stream||Not specified||Not specified|
Cost Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186):
|Temporary Residence Transition||Start From AUD 4,045|
|Direct Entry Stream||Start From AUD 4,045|
|Labour Agreement Stream||Start From AUD 4,045|
Temporary Residence Transition stream:
The Temporary Residence Transition stream visa permits individuals who have held a temporary skilled visa (Subclass 457). For this visa, the worker must have lodged a valid nomination with the Australian DHA (Department of Home Affairs).
Eligibility for Temporary Residence Transition Stream:
- Have been appointed by an Australia worker whose nomination was granted in the six months before you apply.
- Must have TSS, subclass 457 or related bridging visa.
- Worked for the registered employer for at least 3 years while holding a TSS visa or Subclass 457.
- The nominating employer must have no inauspicious information against it.
- The nominating employer must be lawfully and actively operating in Australia.
- Must fulfil the character and health requirements.
Direct Entry Stream:
Direct entry Stream visa allows skilled workers to work and live in Australia permanently who is appointed by an Australian employer. Direct entry Stream visa allows you to sponsor your eligible family member to visit Australia. With this visa, you can request for citizenship of Australia if you are eligible. The nominating employer must be lawfully and actively operating in Australia.
Eligibility for Direct Entry Stream:
- Your job must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations. The eligible occupations include positions like nurses, engineers, construction managers, architects, programmers, physicians, teachers, foresters, social workers, welders, dentists, electricians, carpenters and more. Your job me be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
- Capable of speaking English.
- You must be nominated by a registered employer.
- You must have at least three years of relevant job experience.
- Must be under 50 years of age.
Labour Agreement Stream
Labour Agreement Stream Visa is for the individuals who are appointed by an employer who has entered into a Labour Agreement agreed to be the Australian government. Labour Agreement Stream Visa allows you to live in Australia indefinitely. For labour Agreement Stream visa, you must have a labour agreement. You can sponsor your eligible relatives to come to Australia. If you will work for a worker who is a party to labour agreement then the labour agreement stream will be best for you.
Eligibility for Labour Agreement Stream:
- You must be appointed by an Australian employer.
- You need to fulfil character requirements.
- You need to present the health insurance documents.
- You need to meet Skill, age and English necessity.
- You need to submit an applicable Statement.
Please contact to qualified Immigration Agent Perth. They will assist you for a visa-related query.