Stepwise Guide To Convert Mac QuickBooks File To Windows17 November 2023
Due to the technology update, we sometimes need to switch the technology we use for work. If you want to convert Mac QuickBooks file to Windows, let’s tell you if it’s possible. You don’t need to start from scratch if you are using a new operating system. You just need to convert your Company File following very simple steps. But when you are following the steps, you have to be careful as it involves the most important file of your Financial data.
If you are wondering about it, let us tell you that this blog has all the information required for switching from Mac to Windows.
In case you also want to start this witch but are in a dilemma as to how you can initiate the process. Then, you can contact our QuickBooks certified team that could help you switch from Mac to Windows. You can reach out to the support team at +1-(855)-955-1942, and they will help you with the process thoroughly; you can also ask any queries you have regarding the whole process in regard to QuickBooks Mac to PC
Steps to Convert QuickBooks Mac To PC
We are giving you the steps if you want to make the switch from Mac to QuickBooks Windows.
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks Desktop Beforehand
You need to Update your QuickBooks desktop before you choose to switch from Mac to Windows. This can be achieved in two ways. One is the automatic update of the application, and the other way is to update it manually.
- To update it manually, you need to click on the Help tab in QuickBooks Windows.
- Next, you need to click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop. Then, you will see a new window appearing regarding the updation.
- You will see a tab named Update Now click it and follow it by clicking on the Get updates option.
- This will initiate the update of QuickBooks. You shall go for an update before proceeding to switch, as the updated QB will have the latest bug fixes. These bug fixes will be helpful for smooth switching to Windows.
Related Post: Getting Error Code H202 in QuickBooks
Solution 2: Get your Company File Ready in QuickBooks for Switching QuickBooks Mac to PC
Remove any special character in the name of the QuickBooks file, and if any memo exceeds 50.
- Open the QuickBooks and click on the Report tab.
- Next, click on Custom Transaction detail report.
- Then you will see the Date option here; just select all dates from the drop-down.
- Now click twice on a transaction with a memo to open it.
- If you find any special character like !@#$%^&*, delete it. Once this is done, finish the steps by selecting the Save option. Now close the transaction and repeat the same with other transactions.
- Resort all the transactions and memos after finishing the name change.
- Now, Verify data in QuickBooks by clicking on File tab>Utilities>Verify Data.
Solution 3: Move the Company File to QB for Windows
- Sign in to QuickBooks as an Admin user and follow File>Export>QuickBooks for Windows.
- Before you step in, make a backup for the file and prompt to verify the data do it.
- Now, just name the file and save it in a folder.
- Enter your credential and move it to your computer with the Windows operating system. This could be done by saving it on an external device such as a USB.
- The final step is to restore the File on Windows PC.
One thing that you need to make sure is that you don’t enter anything in the file once you have switched to Windows.
If you were able to Convert Mac QuickBooks file to Windows, then we are glad we could help you. In case you still are getting the error, we suggest you connect without the support team, who are best when it comes to QuickBooks processes. You can assist, and if you have any queries, they will be addressed completely by the support team.